The Google Adsense programme is a highly contextual advertising programme that makes for one to run ads on a website or blog, or better still youtube videos and gets paid when visitors actually leverage a click on them.
The said visitors clicks that will generate revenue must be from and out of genuine user interest on the ads served and nothing more. Clicks triggered artificially will cause an alarm to google and eventually gets your account banned.
However true is the assertion about making money with Adsense, it still have its pros and cons to the said making money goals and of course, everything has their good and bad sides.
Let’s look at the pros and cons of making money with Google Adsense.
Shall we take a look at the pros first:
- . Adsense programme is relatively cheap to join.
- . Requirements for approval are easy considering you have what they require.
- . Ads can be displayed on several other websites from one Adsense account.
- . You can easily add Adsense to your youtube and blogger accounts.
- . There are options to run ads on mobile devices and RSS feeds.
- . Several ads options exist and it can be also adjusted to fit different places.
- . Google pays monthly (that is if you meet the withdrawal threshold which is $100).
- . Google pay their publishers by direct deposit.
With this being said, we made mention of everything with a good side also having a bad side and here google Adsense is never an exception.
So shall we take a look at the bad side of Adsense?
- . There are strict rules to abide by and your account can get banned if you stray any of these rules.
- . The traffic that will make you the most money is targetted traffic otherwise its nothing.
- . When people click on your Adsense ad, you do get the money but your visitors leave your website.
- . It doesn’t necessarily pay more than other similar programmes (this is unproven though).
Google Adsense is a great monetization option but it’s not a get-rich-quick or makes money doing nothing option. Further, Google has a lot of rules that aren’t noticed up front.
As a result, many websites owners found out the hard way that they have violated a Google policy, and have lost their account forever.
This is in any case you have never noticed about the typed of Adsense ads so if you’re among those who do not know exactly the types of Adsense ads there are, well you’ll learn it here.
Types of Adsense Ads
Google offers a variety of ad types to run on your website and these includes:
. Text: text ads use words instead of images as an ad unit (one offer) or a link unit (list of offers), and come in a variety of sizes.
You can as well customize the color of the box, text, and link.
. Image ads: image ads are graphic ads. They come in a variety of sizes. You can choose an option that mixes both text and image ads.
- . Flash ads
- . Video Ads
- . Rich media ads which include features like HTML, flash or other interactive feature.
- . Audio
. Adsense for search: this Adsense for search allows you to have a google search box on your website. When a user enters a term and conducts a search, a search result page opens with Adsense ads.
You can customize the color scheme of the search result page to harmonize with your website.
Let’s look at Google Adsense Payment to Publishers
Google Adsense pays monthly through direct bank transfer or check, but will fail to issue the payment once your revenue is below $100. If you by any means fail to earn $100 in a month, your earnings will roll over and will be added to the next month.
When you reach the payment threshold $100 Adsense will issue your payment through your Adsense account to your bank details.
We have to also look at some of the things you should know before you could make money with Adsense.
Making money with Adsense
This is the hardest part for bloggers who monetize using Google Adsense and it should require a plan. We are obliged to grant you the tips for maximizing your Adsense revenue over time.
Tips for Making Money with Adsense
. Read and adhere to googles rules. The webmaster must comply with google webmaster policy as well as Adsense programme policy.
- . Do not I repeat do not click on your own ads or ask people to click for you so as to increase your revenue.
- . Using programmes which are designed to drive traffic to Adsense pages are against the rules.
Recall that Google isn’t merciful about breaking the rules so please adhere to them.
- . Have a great content that your target market might find useful to themselves. When you could do this, money must be made even if it is through Adsense or other monetization means.
- . It is required of you to use honest organic traffic building website promotion techniques, SEO and article marketing.
- . Test ads types and placements so as to find out the one that pays better and also the best point to place them.
- . Always check for emails from Google which could be warning about any of your website contents that are not in accordance with google rules and also check for emails concerning the best actions to boost your revenue with.
Knowing google Adsense better is a very good shot at making and keeping a long-lasting relationship with Google. Keeping a lasting relationship with Google will call for keeping to the rules and also trying targetted traffic to websites as they make you the most money.
Making money with Google Adsense wouldn’t be much of a task if you adhered with these tips stated above.