- Categories: SEO
How To Get Quality Backlinks For SEO?
What Are Backlinks, Importance, Advantages, How To Get Quality Backlinks For SEO?
How to get quality backlinks for SEO is what most people want to know but in this article, you will learn everything you should know about backlinks, types of backlinks, the types you should avoid and benefits of building backlinks to your website or blog.
When a website gives a valid links back to another website, this is known as backlink. It plays a very important role in boosting the ranking of the webpage on it was provided.
What is a backlink?
According to Moz, “backlink is a link created when one website links to another”.
How important are backlinks to Search Engine Optimization (SEO)?
Backlinks, also known as “inbound links” or “incoming links”, is one of the techniques webmasters apply to improve their website ranking WHILE doing SEO.
It is believed that a page with many valid backlinks tends to rank higher on the search engine. Also we don’t know how the search engines rate backlinks. But I want you to know for sure that backlinks are important for search engine optimization.
In a layman’s term, backlink is like getting a vote of confidence (especially when coming from a high authority domain). This creates a positive impact on the site it links to, tell the search engines that the site can be trusted.
Types of backlinks
There are two major types of backlinks known so far; they are do-follow backlink and no-follow backlink.
A dofollow backlink is good for SEO, this count towards search engine ranking. Makes the search engine understand that the site its linking to can be trusted one.
A nofollow backlink isn’t worth much as a dofollow, it is simply telling the search engines to ignore the site its linking to. However, research shows that sites ranking well in the SERPs have a healthy balance between nofollow/dofollow links, suggesting the both plays a vital role in search engine optimization.
Backlinks can come in any forms listed below:
1. Informational backlinks: They are incoming links that leads to page or pages that offers more information related to the anchor text it’s been linked to.
2. Definitional backlinks: The definitional backlink is an incoming link that takes you to a page that provides extended definitions of the words it is linked.
3. Referential backlinks: A referential backlink giving citation to author of a work or project.
4. Promotional backlinks: Promotional links are backlinks that take directly to a landing page or a homepage.
5 Types of backlinks good for SEO
1. Editorial Backlinks: This is when an editorial refers to your website as the original content of an article – planning a link within a relevant text and high-quality content within their own site.
2. Guest Blogging Backlinks: This is when you provide a well-established, high-authority website in your niche with a fresh and original content in exchange for the opportunity to include an editorial backlink to your own web within the content.
3. Blog Comments Backlinks: This is achieved when you place relevant comments on a high-authority websites and a link back to page on your site that adds valuable to the conversation. However, the careful of the manner it is done, you don’t want to make it look like a spam, this technique can end up hurting your site.
4. Social Profile Backlinks: While working getting backlinks, why not create a social media profile for your business or brand? For every social media platforms you create a page in the name of website gives you free backlink when you add the url to your site.
5. Business Profile Backlinks: Creating a profile for your brand on business listing sites, review sites, and industry directories gives backlink to your website. Search engines tends to use these entries as an evidence that the site is well established.
Advantages of Backlinks to SEO
1. Fast Indexing: When you have significant backlinks, search engines tends crawl your site frequently and index your post faster.
2. Traffic: Not only do you get backlinks from the site, some of their readers also follow the link to your website and some may even become your audience.
3. Improves Search Engine Ranking: If your plan is to rank higher on the SERPS, work in getting a lot backlinks from high-ranked sites with high domain authority.
4. Increase Domain Authority (DA): When you have lots of backlinks pointing to your domain – in no time your domain authority will improve.
How To Get Quality Backlinks for SEO
1. Create fresh and high-quality content on your website – when people make use of your content, they will give reference to your site.
2. Leave relevant comments on high-authority sites related to your niche and leave a link linking to the topic that is being discussed.
3. Make of related posts widgets on your site, also link old content to new ones by targeting a keyword phrase.
4. Exchange relevant links with other bloggers in your niche.
Backlink is very crucial to SEO, because it represents a “vote of confidence” from one site to another. In short, backlinks to your website makes search engines see value your content.
A website that aims to survive in the blogging world should work on getting high-quality backlinks.
I hope this article was beneficial to you. We have a comment box below this article where you can drop your comments or objections.Blogging